Available 24/7 Free Consultations
(310) 728-6588
request free consultation

Los Angeles Coronavirus Related Employment Issues Attorney

The COVID-19 pandemic has created an unprecedented health crisis in this country. It has also destabilized the economy and left many people in precarious employment situations. If you have any questions or require assistance during this difficult time, please contact Rise Law Firm to discuss your situation.

Why choose Rise Law Firm for this case?

When dealing with the ever-changing situation around the coronavirus pandemic, you need assistance from an attorney with vast employment law experience. Rise Law Firm is ready to help you today.

  • Every one of our Los Angeles employment attorneys has obtained education and degrees from some of the most well known and respected universities in the country.
  • We have a reputation for success and have secured millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients against major corporations and government entities.
  • We take all employment law cases on a contingency fee basis, which means our clients pay no legal fees until we secure the compensation they are entitled to.

Employment issues related to COVID-19

In early March 2020, Congress passed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). This law requires most employers to provide employees with paid sick leave or expanded family and medical leave for reasons related to COVID-19. In general, this law provided for:

  • Up to 80 hours of paid sick leave at an employee’s regular rate of pay if the employee is unable to work because they are quarantined and/or experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19.
  • Up to 80 hours of paid sick leave at two-thirds of the employee’s regular rate of pay if the employee is unable to work because they must care for an individual subject quarantined or to care for a child her school was closed due to COVID-19.
  • Up to ten additional weeks of paid expanded family and medical leave at two-thirds the employee’s regular rate of pay when the employee is unable to work because they must care for a child whose school or child care provider is closed due to COVID-19.

Additionally, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) was signed into law. While the most popular aspect of this law was undoubtedly the $1,200 direct payments to most Americans, the CARES act also provided for a historic boost to unemployment benefits. Those who have lost their jobs or have been furloughed due to COVID-19 are entitled to an extra $600 a week on top of their state benefits through December 31, 2020.

Why Do I Need a Lawyer?

Unfortunately, some employees are having trouble obtaining the paid and unpaid leave provided by the FFCRA and CARES Acts. In many cases, this is due to intentional actions on the part of employers. At Rise Law Firm, we want you to understand that employers are not allowed to circumvent these new federal laws, and we will help if you are having trouble getting your paid or unpaid leave throughout this ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

We will also help employees who are having trouble getting unemployment because they are still technically “employed,” but just have zero hours or no shifts assigned. Additionally, we know that it has been very difficult to navigate the unemployment process in California. Rise Law Firm may be able to help you through this system, so please call our employment law attorneys today. We will work to secure the compensation you are entitled to.

Let us get you through this

If you or somebody you care about has been treated unfairly or illegally by an employer during the coronavirus pandemic, speak to an attorney today. At Rise Law Firm, we are ready to get to work investigating our case in order to secure any compensation you are entitled to. This could include any unpaid wages or benefits, reinstatement to your job, pain and suffering damages, and more. When you need a Los Angeles employment attorney to help with a coronavirus-related employment issue, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 310-728-6588.