Uber & Lyft have become household names in California and throughout the United States, but there are times when accidents involving these rideshare vehicles occur. When that happens, the team at Rise Law Firm is ready to help victims secure the compensation they are entitled to. Our Los Angeles Uber & Lyft accident attorneys will thoroughly investigate your case to ensure that you are treated fairly throughout the entire process.
Why Rise Law Firm is your choice
After sustaining an injury in an Uber or Lyft accident, you need a Los Angeles car accident attorney with extensive experience and a history of success. Rise Law Firm Is ready to help.
- We are dedicated to excellence, and our attorneys are amongst the most successful and experienced in California.
- We believe in putting the client first for every case and building a relationship built on a foundation of trust. You can always count on honest communication and open transparency when dealing with Rise Law Firm.
- We take all Uber and Lyft accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means injured clients pay no upfront costs related to their case. Our clients only pay legal fees after we secure the compensation they are entitled to.
Is an attorney necessary for these cases?
Accidents involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle are going to become incredibly complicated, particularly when dealing with multiple insurance carriers. These cases are going to require help from an experienced attorney who can:
- Obtain all evidence related to the case to prove liability. This can include police reports, eyewitness statements, any available video footage, and photographs from the scene.
- Ensure that the client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can properly assess the injuries and total losses.
- Negotiate with every party involved in order to reach a fair settlement on behalf of the client.
Uber & Lyft accidents are complicated
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, there were more than 273,000 total traffic crash injuries during the latest reporting year of data available. Considering the popularity of Uber and Lyft in and around this area, it would be naive to assume that accidents involving these vehicles do not occur. Rideshare accidents do happen, and they often result in severe injuries for those involved. This includes injuries to those riding in the rideshare vehicle, those inside other vehicles involved, as well as injuries to pedestrians.
As with any car accident, proving liability is important in these situations. Whether or not the rideshare company’s insurance carrier will cover damages depends on various factors related to the crash:
- If an Uber or Lyft driver is off-duty and causes a crash, their personal insurance carrier will be responsible for covering property damage and injury expenses.
- If an Uber or Lyft driver is signed in to work but does not have a passenger, their personal insurance carrier is still going to be primarily responsible coverage if they cause an accident. The rideshare companies will provide limited coverage in this situation if the primary carrier’s coverage limits are exhausted or if a claim is denied.
- If an Uber or Lyft driver has a passenger or is on the way to pick one up when a crash occurs, then both companies have a $1 million liability policy that is supposed to provide coverage for all parties involved.
We will help you secure compensation
If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. In these situations, Rise Law Firm will investigate the incident and work to secure the following:
- Compensation for all medical bills related to the crash
- Any lost income if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages and loss of personal enjoyment damages
- Possible punitive damages in cases of gross negligence or intentional actions
When you need a Los Angeles Uber & Lyft attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling 310-728-6588.